Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I get Continuing Education Units (CEUs) by attending the annual NCCSS Conference? If so, how?
- I’m a presenter and I need Audio-Visual equipment for my presentation. What should I do?
- Is parking available at the Conference site? How much does it cost?
- I need physical assistance during the NCCSS Conference. What services are available to me?
- Can I join NCCSS or renew my membership without attending the annual NCCSS Conference?
- Who can run for a position on the NCCSS Executive Board?
- How can I run for a position on the NCCSS Executive Board?
- When are NCCSS elections held?
- Who can vote in NCCSS elections?
Yes, a participant may receive one CEU (ten hours) by attending the NCCSS Conference. The participant should thoroughly complete the CEU form found in his/her registration packet, listing each of the sessions he/she attended during the Conference. The form should then be submitted to the participant’s Local Education Agency (LEA). Final awarding of CEUs must be approved by the participant’s LEA. The LEA determines the content area and the number of CEUs granted—not the NCCSS.
Option 1: Presenters are welcome to bring their own audio-visual equipment with them to the Conference. Presenters should remember to bring extension cords and power strips, too.
Option 2: Presenters can rent audio-visual equipment through the Koury Convention Center. Presenters should contact Mr. Mark Harris at (336) 292-9161 for additional information.
Parking at the Sheraton Four Season Hotel Koury Convention Center is abundant and free. There is additional free parking at the Four Seasons Town Centre shopping mall across from the Hotel and Convention Center.
The NCCSS is committed to ensuring that our Annual Conference is fully accessible to all persons. The facilities at the Koury Convention Center are wheelchair accessible. If you require an interpreter or other special services due to a disability, please contact Ellie Wilson (email@example.com) describing your specific needs. Please make your request before February 10, 2016. After this date, requests for interpreters or other services cannot be guaranteed.
Yes, you can. Please visit http://ncsocialstudies.org/membership for complete information and necessary forms.
Any current member of the NCCSS is eligible to run for a position on the Executive Board.
Please visit the “Call for Candidates” page at http://ncsocialstudies.org/call-for-candidates for complete information on how you can run for a position on the Executive Board.
NCCSS elections are held at the Annual Conference in February.
Any current member of the NCCSS who is in attendance at the Annual Conference is eligible and encouraged to vote.